Cleveland Heights Ohio Police Department - Parking Ticket issued in error

I have parked my car on the private property, the parking lot of the apartment building where I live. There was no sign whatsoever indicating that cars aren't allowed to park there. It was a perfectly legit parking space, yet I got a ticket for parking in a 'prohibited zone', whatever that means. It was issued by Cleveland Heights police, badge number 116.

When I called the number listed on the ticket, I was told that someone called me in. But the space I parked in, was not in the prohibited zone. I wonder if police even checks whether the call-in is correct, or just goes ahead & proceeds writing a ticket, no matter right or wrong.

Can one ever park in their parking lot and get a ticket for THAT? I am very disappointed. Will contest.

Attached is my drawing of the parking lot. It's just a general drawing; done without any scale; the L-shaped contrapture represents the 2 buildings, and the yellow-filled spaces represent parking spaces. However, the number of parking spaces on the drawing doesn't represent the actual number of parking spaces.

This review is a subjective opinion of a user.
Report Comment Private message author

More Review Details

Monetary loss:
Product or service
Parking Ticket In Error
Review category
review #499649 by

Author wants to be contacted by the company. Learn more

Had an experience with Cleveland Heights Ohio Police Department? Submit review ›
Helpful? 0 Yes 0 0 No 0
Had the same issue 0 Yes 0
Comment as anonymous As anonymous or Log in
OR Is it your business? Respond to your
customers as verified company representative.
Apply for a Free Plan

Post a comment to start a discussion.

Great comment! Would you like to convert it into review?

You will be able to edit the text before publishing.

× You are about to contact

Review submitted through "Contact Us" will not get published on the site or forwarded to Cleveland Heights Ohio Police Department. However, many companies do monitor reviews on our site.

You were reading a complaint about Cleveland Heights Ohio Police Department.
Filing a new complaint about